By Alison Blunt
- The first publication to check the Anglo-Indian group earlier and current, in India, Britain and Australia.
- The first e-book through a geographer to target a neighborhood of combined descent.
- Investigates geographies of domestic and identification for Anglo-Indian ladies within the 50 years earlier than and after Indian independence in 1947.
- Draws on interviews and concentration teams with over one hundred fifty Anglo-Indians, in addition to archival research.
- Makes a particular contribution to debates approximately domestic, id, hybridity, migration and diaspora.
Read or Download Domicile and Diaspora: Anglo-Indian Women and the Spatial Politics of Home (RGS-IBG Book Series) PDF
Best human geography books
Non-governmental businesses (NGOs) are excessive profile actors within the box of overseas improvement, either as prone of prone to weak contributors and groups and as campaigning coverage advocates. This ebook offers a severe advent to the wide-ranging subject of NGOs and improvement.
The 3rd version of John Hannigan’s vintage undergraduate textual content has been absolutely up-to-date and revised to spotlight modern traits and controversies inside international environmental sociology. Environmental Sociology deals a particular, balanced remedy of environmental concerns, reconciling Hannigan’s much-cited version of the social development of environmental difficulties and controversies with an environmental justice standpoint that stresses inequality and poisonous threats to neighborhood groups.
Cet ouvrage s’intéresse aux effets des lois de décentralisation de 1992 dans des petites villes en Inde. Étant donné l’échec des précédentes politiques, cette réforme a suscité d’importants espoirs de changement. Mais les effets de cette gestion dans les petites municipalités, essentielles au développement régional, restent encore mal connus.
Lauded for its accessibility and gorgeous layout, this article has given hundreds of thousands of scholars and pros the instruments to create potent, compelling maps. utilizing a wealth of illustrations--with seventy four in complete color--to elucidate every one concisely provided aspect, the revised and up to date 3rd version keeps to stress how layout offerings relate to the explanations for creating a map and its meant function.
- Toronto: Transformations in a City and Its Region (Metropolitan Portraits)
- Neo-Bohemia: Art and Commerce in the Postindustrial City
- Das Klima von Mittel- und Süddeutschland (German Edition)
- A River and Its City: The Nature of Landscape in New Orleans
Extra resources for Domicile and Diaspora: Anglo-Indian Women and the Spatial Politics of Home (RGS-IBG Book Series)