By Mark Gottdiener,Leslie Budd,Panu Lehtovuori
- Lily Kong, Singapore administration University
"An insightful multidisciplinary advent to the multifarious areas, approaches and difficulties that represent smooth towns. Its brief, digestible entries unpack the complexity and evolution of city stipulations, delivering cross-references among techniques and hyperlinks to key literature and to invaluable present and historic examples. The book’s transparent, frequently sharp severe area additionally encourages deeper enquiry."
- Quentin Stevens, college of structure and layout, RMIT college
Key ideas in city Studies is an important significant other for college students of city reviews, city sociology, city politics, city making plans and concrete development.
This revised variation has been up-to-date and elevated to supply a prepared worldwide concentration, really in rising economies with discussions at the construction of “dream towns” within the Gulf States and a renewed emphasis on construction mega-scaled “downtowns” in India and China. New good points include:
- Contemporary and overseas examples throughout.
- Detailed entries on environmental matters and the sustainability of city development.
- Discussion of the function of intake in urban tradition and concrete development.
- New entries on smooth city making plans and adaptive urbanism.
Key options in city Studies is a must have textual content with an specific specialise in modern urbanism which scholars will locate useful in the course of their studies.
Mark Gottdiener is Professor Emeritus of Sociology on the collage at Buffalo (SUNY). Leslie Budd is Reader in Social technological know-how on the Open University. Panu Lehtovuori is Professor of making plans idea at Tampere college of Technology.
Read Online or Download Key Concepts in Urban Studies (SAGE Key Concepts series) PDF
Best human geography books
Non-governmental companies (NGOs) are excessive profile actors within the box of foreign improvement, either as prone of companies to weak contributors and groups and as campaigning coverage advocates. This booklet presents a severe advent to the wide-ranging subject of NGOs and improvement.
The 3rd variation of John Hannigan’s vintage undergraduate textual content has been totally up-to-date and revised to spotlight modern traits and controversies inside international environmental sociology. Environmental Sociology deals a particular, balanced remedy of environmental concerns, reconciling Hannigan’s much-cited version of the social development of environmental difficulties and controversies with an environmental justice standpoint that stresses inequality and poisonous threats to neighborhood groups.
Cet ouvrage s’intéresse aux effets des lois de décentralisation de 1992 dans des petites villes en Inde. Étant donné l’échec des précédentes politiques, cette réforme a suscité d’importants espoirs de changement. Mais les effets de cette gestion dans les petites municipalités, essentielles au développement régional, restent encore mal connus.
Lauded for its accessibility and lovely layout, this article has given hundreds of thousands of scholars and execs the instruments to create potent, compelling maps. utilizing a wealth of illustrations--with seventy four in complete color--to elucidate every one concisely offered aspect, the revised and up-to-date 3rd variation maintains to stress how layout offerings relate to the explanations for creating a map and its meant goal.
- Green Utopianism: Perspectives, Politics and Micro-Practices (Routledge Studies in Environment, Culture, and Society)
- Urban Change and the European Left: Tales from the New Barcelona
- Beyond Nature's Housekeepers: American Women in Environmental History
- World Bank and Urban Development: From Projects to Policy (Routledge Studies in Development and Society)
- Henri Lefebvre on Space: Architecture, Urban Research, and the Production of Theory
- Places Through the Body
Extra info for Key Concepts in Urban Studies (SAGE Key Concepts series)