By Gary S. Dunbar
This e-book charts the advancements within the self-discipline of geography from the Nineteen Fifties to the Eighties, analyzing how geography now connects with city, local and nationwide making plans, and affects on components equivalent to drugs, delivery, agricultural improvement and electoral reform. The publication additionally discusses how technical and theoretical developments have generated a renewed experience of philosophic mirrored image – a priority heavily associated with the serious exam and improvement of social thought.
Read Online or Download Modern Geography: An Encylopaedic Survey (Routledge Revivals) PDF
Similar human geography books
Non-governmental companies (NGOs) are excessive profile actors within the box of foreign improvement, either as prone of providers to susceptible members and groups and as campaigning coverage advocates. This publication offers a serious creation to the wide-ranging subject of NGOs and improvement.
The 3rd variation of John Hannigan’s vintage undergraduate textual content has been totally up to date and revised to spotlight modern traits and controversies inside international environmental sociology. Environmental Sociology bargains a particular, balanced therapy of environmental concerns, reconciling Hannigan’s much-cited version of the social building of environmental difficulties and controversies with an environmental justice point of view that stresses inequality and poisonous threats to neighborhood groups.
Cet ouvrage s’intéresse aux effets des lois de décentralisation de 1992 dans des petites villes en Inde. Étant donné l’échec des précédentes politiques, cette réforme a suscité d’importants espoirs de changement. Mais les effets de cette gestion dans les petites municipalités, essentielles au développement régional, restent encore mal connus.
Lauded for its accessibility and gorgeous layout, this article has given hundreds of thousands of scholars and pros the instruments to create powerful, compelling maps. utilizing a wealth of illustrations--with seventy four in complete color--to elucidate each one concisely offered element, the revised and up to date 3rd version maintains to stress how layout offerings relate to the explanations for creating a map and its meant function.
- Sidewalks in the Kingdom (The Christian Practice of Everyday Life): New Urbanism and the Christian Faith
- Transforming Urban Waterfronts: Fixity and Flow (Routledge Advances in Geography)
- Remaking Regional Economies: Power, Labor, and Firm Strategies in the Knowledge Economy (Routledge Studies in Economic Geography)
- World Tourism Cities: Developing Tourism Off the Beaten Track (Contemporary Geographies of Leisure, Tourism and Mobility)
- Statistical Geoinformatics for Human Environment Interface (Chapman & Hall/CRC Applied Environmental Statistics)
- The Routledge Handbook of Urbanization and Global Environmental Change (Routledge International Handbooks)
Additional info for Modern Geography: An Encylopaedic Survey (Routledge Revivals)